Hot4D is now available in version 0.3. (still R12+ compatible and only 64bits)
If you have problem with windows be sure to unzip the fftw dlls in the .exe directory.
Update include :
- A new fields and two slider that will help a lot to create the foam.
- You can now use the restriction tag on HOT.
- You will have access to the shader that will allow you to create a vertex displacement map on both world and tangent space. (the tangent space will work only with R14)
- Cinema4D should not crash if you move hot from object to object with vertex map attached. (but the vertex map will not be updated anymore)
Due to a change in the SDK, Xplode wasn’t compatible with Cinema4D R14 . So i updated it a bit.
It’s available for R12/R13/R14 (studio)
- – added an inside and outside selection tag.
- – texture tag that got no selection are removed (they are not applied to the pieces)
- – rewrite the way particles are added to the mesh, it’s faster and based (almost) on polygon density.
- – xplode produce more chaotique piece but far less buggy ones. (thoses that pop out the mesh)
You can download the new version here (serial remain the same)
New website, i put in the front page the tools i’ve created, free, opensource and xplode.
I hope you will like it
Take a look, register, post comments, follow me on socials networks.
Let’s code some tools.
I’ve created a facebook’s page (yeaaaaa welcome to 2013). What an awsome news 🙂
You can follow me there or twitter.
Go to this page for the last version
I’ve updated HOT4D. It’s should now work with version R12 and more without package restriction. (still 64 bits only)
- – hot4d is now a deformer
- – “Do Jacobian” added.
- – you can drag and drop a vertex map in a field to create custom shader.
- – you can drag a point selection and use it to create particles. (with a matrix object for example)
- – a threshold slider allow you to add more or less point in the selection tag.
Testing HOT4D. Really quick and dirty test.
You can see the repetition on the left top corner, but it’s not really a big deal.
More information about the plugin can be found here
Get the last version
HOT means Houdini Ocean Toolkit. It’s a plugin for Houdini created by Drew Whitehouse based on a Jerry Tessendorf paper. It allow you to create a surface that look like a deep ocean.
I’ve decided to almost “copy/paste” the code to allow cinema4D’s users access this tool.
The plug-in is on alpha stage. It mean all functions are not implemented yet or will be removed.
Only compatible with cinema4D R14 and more.
Windows 7 and OSX. Continue Reading
J’ai fait ce petit tuto pour expliquer comment créer et exporter des “vector displacement map” de Zbrush vers cinema4D.
Pas vraiment facile de comprendre le principe, alors j’espères que ce tuto vous aidera.
The Cinema4D R14 demo is out since a couple of weeks and i’ve decided to give it a quick look.
The tools are fun and easy to use. Nothing compare to Zbrush of course, but that’s not what we expect. You can add some details really quickly and in a very interactive way.